If you’re looking for the best ab workouts at home we’ve put together the 5 best exercises for a flat stomach that anyone can do at home.
Here you’ll learn about the 5 best exercises for a flat tummy that target your entire core.
Follow this routine which also focuses on increasing your heart rate for fat burning cardio.
These exercises will boost your body’s fat-burning and, at the same time, will tone and flatten your stomach.
Stay consistent and follow this routine, you’ll see huge results after 2 to 3 weeks, especially when combined with a healthy diet.
For best results perform the exercises as a circuit. Rest for about 30 seconds after each set of exercises.
After completing the circuit, rest for a minute and then begin again.
Depending on how you’re feeling, you can do up to three circuits per session.
It’s best to do at least two circuits for optimal results. Also, you should warm-up for 5 minutes before the workout session.
This will loosen up your muscles and get them ready for a more intense workout, as well as preventing any injuries.
You should start with 6 repetitions and work up to 12 repetitions per workout. Rest between each exercise and circuit.
For some of these exercises, you’ll need a towel to slide on the floor – Let’s get started!
1. Knee-up Bridges
- Lie on your back and keep your knees bent.
- Put your hands at the back of your head and use your legs to lift your body into a bridge position. Make sure you form a straight line from your shoulders to your knees.
- Raise your right leg off the floor and hold for 2 seconds before you return to the starting position.
- Do 10 to 15 repetitions with each leg, but bear in mind that it is harder for each progressive repetition.
2. Original Plank
- Start with your body in a push-up position.
- Bend your elbows and lower yourself down until you feel that your weight shifts from your hands to your forearms.
- Lower yourself until your body forms a straight line and you can brace your abs. Don’t raise your butt or drop your hips.
- Stay in this position for 60 seconds and release.
3. Side Plank
- Lie on your right side keeping your legs straight.
- Support yourself using your right forearm and make sure your body forms a diagonal line. Then, reach out with your left hand over your head and brace your abs.
- Keep your hips and knees off the floor and hold for a minute.
4. Lunge With Rotation
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart.
- Hold a 5 or 10-pound dumbbell with both your hands and keep them straight out. Then, take a step forward using your left foot making sure you brace your abs.
- Twist your torso left while bending your knees and slowly lower your body until your legs form a 90-degree angle.
- Finally, twist back to the center while pushing through your left foot and stand up. Repeat this with your right leg and alternate.
5. Sliding Bridge
- First, get into the position for a bridge and put a towel under your feet.
- Raise your hips and slide your feet in and out.
- Do 3 sets of 20 repetitions.