A home workout to get that flat stomach you’ve always wanted!
Every woman should know about these 10 powerful exercises you can do at home which when used together, tighten and tone your stomach and body.
Athletes and celebrities are using these exercises for quick results, so be sure to add them to your routine today!
We are all well-aware of which body parts are especially tricky when it comes to toning and tightening (lower abs sound familiar?).
Well, after lots and lots of tests and experimentation, I’ve managed to compile a strong set of exercises that get me in good shape and make me feel positive about how I look in a bathing suit, a provocative cocktail dress, or my most loved skinny jeans.
Keep reading to find out which ten exercises are especially effective for toning your abs, buttocks, inner thighs, and shoulders, followed by advice on how to include them in your everyday exercise schedule.
1. Second Position Plié
I feel like a ballerina while making this exercise that tones the gluteus and shapes the inner thighs.
- Firstly, stand in a position where your feet are wider and not in line with your shoulders. Toes should be slightly turned out.
- Start lowering your body while bending your knees until your thighs are parallel with the ground.
- Next, put your arms over your head and your shoulders down. Make a pause and then push yourself to the initial position in a slow manner.
2. Side Plank
If you are looking for a miracle to help you tighten your waistline-this is it. The Side Plank exercise works the deep abdominal muscles, unlike any other abs exercise.
- First, lie on your left side with straight knees.
- Then, lean your upper body against your left elbow and forearm.
- Raise your hips until your body forms a straight line.
- Stay in this position for 30 seconds and then change sides.
3. Cardio with High-Intensity Intervals
Cardio intervals are the best solution for burning a significant amount of calories in a short time. You should definitely incorporate high-intensity interval training (HIIT) in your daily workout routine if you want to get a perfectly toned body. You can do this with any piece of cardio equipment such as bike, jump rope, or treadmill.
You need to follow this pattern for optimal results:
- 3 minutes at 50% of your maximum effort
- 20 seconds at 75% of your maximum effort
- 10 seconds at your total maximum effort.
This classic exercise is golden because it works every part of the body, burning a lot of calories.
Also, it is great for tightening the chest muscles, providing the best version of your beach-body.
- When you get down on all fours, make sure that your hands are placed a little wider and not in line with your shoulders.
- Keep your feet close together and lower your chest until they nearly touch the ground.
- Then, push back to the initial position.
- Keep in mind that your hips are lifted and the core is supported during the exercise.
5. Triceps Extension
So far this is my personal favorite exercise when it comes to toning the back of shoulders and triceps.
I repeat this around 25 times and use light weights.
- You need to come into a lunge position and lean over your bent knee upfront.
- At the same time, raise your hand by your side while having the top of the weight faced towards the ceiling.
- You should move your arm for about an inch and repeat this 30 times on each side.
You will get stronger, thinner legs and a tighter back.
The target of this exercise is the gluteus muscles and hamstrings, but also the quadriceps.
It is best if you do it in front of a bench, placing your left foot on the step for start.
- Push your body up until your left leg is straight.
- Then, start lowering your body until you touch the ground with the right feet.
- Repeat it several times with both legs.
- Bear in mind to balance your weight and not lean too far forward or back. Also, keep your shoulders up and engage the core during the whole exercise.
7. Arm Raise Plank
Doing a plank with an arm raise added to it is a perfect combination if you want to have better posture and backside strength.
This exercise makes me feel and look more confident and taller.
- Firstly, get yourself in a push-up position, but now bend your elbow on your forearms.
- Lift your body until it forms a straight line from shoulders to ankles, and maintain the hip position.
- At the same time, raise one arm in front of you. Move the shoulder blade up and down when you raise your arms.
- Stay in that position for, approximately, 5 seconds before you switch arms.
8. Single-Leg Deadlift
This exercise is perfect because it activates the entire core, preventing back pain.
At the same time, it lifts and tones the gluteus.
- You need to stand on your left foot while holding a pair of dumbbells.
- The next step is to lift your right foot behind you and then, bend your knee until your right lower leg reaches a parallel with the floor.
- Next, you need to bend forward at your hips, while lowering your body.
- Take a short pause and after that, push your body back to the initial position.
- While coming up, try and use your glutes to push your hips forward.
This is an excellent exercise for a perfectly shaped butt and for a healthy back, as a plus benefit.
- To do a bridge, lie on your back while bending your knees and having your feet flat on the ground.
- Next, lift your hips until forming a straight line from shoulders to knees. When you reach an up position, pause and lower your body slowly.
10. Shoulder Stand
We all know the mental and physical benefits that yoga offers.
What many of us don’t know, is that an inverted stand is great for preventing cellulite appearance.
Just 5 minutes shoulder stand before sleep will do miracles on your body.
- The first step is to lie down on your back while lifting your legs and hips. Keep bringing them up until they form a straight line.
- Put your hand behind your back, reaching with your legs towards the ceiling. Make sure to keep your neck relaxed.
- Stay in that position at least one minute before you lower your body slowly.
How can I use these exercises?
If you want to focus on a specific trouble zone, you should choose the exercise intended for those places and repeat it on a daily basis.
It’s important to challenge your body to get stronger, so try and increase gradually the weight or number of repetitions per session.
If you want a quick and total body workout, it’s best to choose 5 of the moves presented and do 3 sets of 10 times of each exercise.
Do the other set of 5 exercises the next day.
Moving fast between the exercises will provide maximum calories burn and best results.
For even better results, combine these exercises with cardio sets between the sessions, or do it separately before or after.